- Problems have been reported regarding how these work.
- A possible solution is to leave one stock turn signal bulb installed in each side of the front. The LED brightness will overpower the bulb next to it. There may be remaining oddities with this solution. The problems seem to stem from how the lamps are wired.
- LED turn signals DO NOT work with a seven pin trailer wiring harness installed in the Jeep. This includes the stock factory wiring harness that is part of the optional tow package. The only trailer wiring that seems to work with LEDs is the simple four-pin style with no auxiliary brake control.
- Please read these warnings.
- An LED relay is required! The Novita EP27 relay is readily available at retail stores as well as most online parts sources. It's also a good quality. Avoid generic relays. *Kits with this relay are available while they last.
- Four front LEDs (3157, Amber, Cree)
- Two rear LEDs (3156, Amber, Cree)
- Two marker LEDs (T10, Amber)
Troubleshooting LEDs (to rule out bad LEDs):
- All LEDs were tested by me before packaging, so they should all be good, but...
- Front turn signal LED testing: install it in the brake light socket and test it by turning on headlights and then triggering the brake.
- Rear turn signal LED testing: either try it in the brake lamp socket with the brake pedal engaged or in the white reverse lamp with the shifter in "R".
- Marker leds can be tested in the license plate lamp socket.
- Brake lights can be tested in the front turn signals, but it's probably easier to just test in the other brake lamp. Brake light leds can be tested in the turn signal socket, but it will only their their 'bright' function.
- Install relay first. Check all lamp functions (brake with and without turn signals and hazard signals) under the following situations:
- Engine Off / Headlights Off / Marker Lights Off
- Engine Off / Headlights Off / Marker Lights On
- Engine Off / Headlights On / Marker Lights On
- Engine On / Headlights Off / Marker Lights Off
- Engine On / Headlights Off / Marker Lights On
- Engine On / Headlights On / Marker Lights On
- I have not tested these with LED headlights.
- No further instructions are provided.
- No refunds / returns. If an LED doesn't work, let me know. These were all tested prior to packing and should be good.
- I'm unable to provide any other assistance troubleshooting these.
- My cost for each set of these was close to $50 plus an extra $10 for the relay. I never found reliable exterior LEDs any cheaper than that.